Lounger
    Thanks

outlook.exe abnormal termination (Office 2000)

Whenever I attempt to open an email I get the message below. I can use the preview pane to view the email, but I can't open the email. I used the Repair Office option with no success.
    Other problems that started this morning...
    Excel - When opening and Closing Excel, I get a 'compile error in hidden module'. There were some posts on this, tried all suggestions and still doesn't work, but I can live with this for now.
    And...I was going to attempt to fix this problem using a restore point, but all my restore points are now missing! Everything was working fine yesterday...please help!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: outlook.exe abnormal termination (Office 2000)

Outlook 2002 and 2003 include an Outlook db repair tool called scanpst.exe. I cannot remember if Outlook 2000 does, but you might check. HOWEVER, it appears your problems are not related to just Outlook but to some contamination on your system. Have you tried uninstalling Office and re-installing? If not, you might try that but before you do, run a virus scan, spybot and adaware just to make sure there is no external contamination within the system.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: outlook.exe abnormal termination (Office 2000)

The problem has been solved. I had recently upgraded Adobe Acrobat Reader to Ver. 7. During the installation of this version, it attempted to remove an older version of Reader, and in the process removed something that both Excel and Outlook look for. Re-installing Reader did not fix the problem - what I ended up doing is removing all versions of Adobe Reader on my system, then re-installing the most recent version of Adobe Reader; that fixed the problem.