New Lounger
    Thanks

Normal Template Password-Locked: VBA Backdoor? (2000)

Hello everybody! I haven't posted in a while and I hope you are all well. I have found these forums very helpful in the past, and I hope that you can bail me out this time!

I have a (ahem) sophisticated Word environment that involves thousands of line of VBA code and extensive toolbar and menu customization. The problem is that I have password-protected the properties of the Normal.dot template, and forgotten the password. I know, I'm a bonehead. *Sigh*

The solution to my problem would take one of two paths: crack the password on my current project, or export the toolbars and menus, including standard and formatting toolbars, to another (unprotected) template, and then do some minor reconstruction to restore the functionality of my old environment.

I have heard about a backdoor to VBA that I presume would allow the password to be circumvented. Does anyone know any details? I have been to the Elcomsoft Web site, and I am unwilling to pay $200 for the package that they say would solve my problem.

What about exporting the standard and formatting toolbars? Any thoughts?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Normal Template Password-Locked: VBA Backdoor?

(Edited by HansV to make URL clickable - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

You can view the VBA code if you open the file with OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org), and go under Tools->Macro from within OpenOffice. It's free.