3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar in Publisher (Publisher 2003)

I'm working on a calendar in Publisher. I have moved some things around, causing the rows of the calendar (table) to not be the same size - top and bottom rows are visibly bigger than the middle 4 rows. Is there a way to distribute rows evenly, like you are able to do in Word. OR, is there a way to see the exact size of a row (can usually do this in Word by holding down ALT key while clicking borders and dragging them), so that I can attempt to make all the rows the same height? Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Calendar in Publisher (Publisher 2003)

I don't think there is any key combination to see the exact row height. You can resize the table to distribute the rows evenly however. After you have entered all of the required information into the table, select the complete table (click once anywhere in the table, then Table>Select>Table). Then, grab the bottom border (the cursor turns into the resizing indicator - 2 horizontal lines with an up & down arrow) and drag the border up (or down). This will resize all of the rows in the table evenly. You can experiment with this so that all height of all the rows are the same height as the largest row.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip. However, tried this and realized that it also resized the "heading" row (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc.) which I wanted to stay small. So, is there a way to select several rows and then distribute evenly?

Thanks

Yep - same procedure, except select only the rows you want resized (cursor to the left of the table at the first row you want resized - move cursor until it turns into a solid filled black arrow, click and hold and drag down to the last row). Then grab the bottom border again and resize. This distributes only the selected rows. OR, if you have resized the complete table, simply grab the bottom border of the "heading" row and resize it appropriately.
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks John, I appreciate the assistance.

Hey, one more question (sorta related). Is there any type of calendar "wizard" for Publisher (like there is for Word)? I've got January all set up - I've had to go through and change the size of the date to large, so you can read it, but then I have to change the rest of the font in the cell to small so I can type details in it. I've had to adjust margins, etc. So when February comes, it looks like I'm going to have to do it all again (if I start with a new calendar, to get the correct dates) OR, if I keep this calendar with the same formatting, I'm going to have to manually enter all the dates in it. Kind of a pain.

Thanks

From the menu - File>New, select Publications for Print>Calendars>and select the style that you want. Then click on the "Change date range" button to select additional months. These templates produce full page calendars, but by selecting the appropriate page elements and grouping them, you can resize them if you wish.
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just wanted to thank you for this posting. I had a question about "equalizing" the heighth of all the rows in a Publisher table, and you gave me the perfect answer!

Thanks to you and all the members of this Forum. I can always depend on you for the right answers.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>