3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

page titles (2003)

Okay, the M.S. God of Help is making me crazy now. In order to create automatic links to my pages for publication to the web, I create a navigation bar, etc. etc. However, all the navigation link titles are coming up as "page title". Where the heck is the page title on each page? When I created the document I didn't see any default for a text box called page title. I think I'll go mad or go to lunch.

Naomi

Thanks

Re: page titles (2003)

Click on Help and search for "navigation pane". Perhaps you will find the solution here. A word of advice however - if you are interested in designing and publishing a web site, Publisher (or any Office application other than FrontPage) is NOT the vehicle of choice. While you can create web pages with Publisher, it certainly cannot compare to any dedicated web page creation software.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi John,
    I found the page rename in an obscure place - when you create a hyperlink to a page in the document, it allows you to change the name of that page whether you hyperlink or not.
    As far as posting to the web, I have had a great deal of difficulty doing this. The navigation bar pops up in the middle of each page, and when you move it to the side, it replicates itself. The formatting is iffy as well. Extremely time consuming. Is there a way to translate publisher to the web via front page or another vehicle?

Thank!

Thanks

Hi Naomi,
    Sorry - I really can't answer that. A copy and paste might work, but it will bring a lot of extra bloat with it. A few years ago I experimented with both Publisher and Word to design web pages, but I quickly abandoned this in favour of Front Page.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions