Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

saveAs in IF statement (WordXP)

I have waded through the posts that quote error 4198 and essayed with almost all the various samples of File saveAs dialog boxes, to no avail.
    I have a project which is an end-user template; the template is morphed through various stages, but in the end, the end-user is to save the template as a document.
    All the code works just fine

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: saveAs in IF statement (WordXP)

It works as expected for me. I get the here and there and the file saves happily.

From your other posts on timing issues and SaveAs - Are you sure that your other code is not interfering with the running of this macro. Try disabling your other add-ins and casting a new Normal.dot and then try the code in your template.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: saveAs in IF statement (WordXP)

> Are you sure that your other code is not interfering with the running of this macro

No, Andrew, I'm never sure of that, but last Friday I went and spent money on myself - a rare event - and purchased "Word Hacks" by Andrew Savikas. In there was the (better) code I needed, specifically, the new Document events (MyMRU_DocumentBeforeClose etc.), and since I rewrote my application from the ground up, the problem has disappeared.

OK. So it was in my code .... (Grin!).

Thanks for the pre-confirmation!