New Lounger

MIssing SKU011.CAB file (Office 2003)

I've never had a problem updating Office 2003 until today when I specifically wanted to install the Outlook Spam Filter update. On my XP Home laptop, I was told it need file SKU011.CAB from the setup files or the Office 2003 CD. Gave it the CD - no joy. Searched the system and CD for the file - zilch. (In fact I checked 2 CDs for it)
    Found an MS KB Article 555203 referring the the problem. Followed it to the letter - same problem.
    Did the same on an XP Professional system - same story.
    Found various references on Google, but no solutions.
    Has anybody any idea what's going on here?

Silver Lounger
    New York, New York, USA

Re: MIssing SKU011.CAB file (Office 2003)

I saw this problem on Office installations installed locally (from CD). The file SKU011.CAB (and SKU011.XML) IS on the CD, but it is hidden.

Make sure your Windows Explorer shows hidden and system files (From My Computer or Windows Explorer click Tools | Folder Options, then View tab and check "Show hidden files and folders" and UNcheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)" and confirm your choice. Also I would recommend uncheck "Automatically search for network folders and printers" - most of users don't need this feature but it slows down file browsing.)

Then create a new folder on your hard drive and copy entire Office Installation CD to it (you can also use corresponding folder in MSOCache folder with 32-character name, if you know what I'm talking about).

Apply the update once again pointing it to this folder.