Thanks

Prevention or Cure

I run ad-aware every now and then but recently I was discussing some prevention spyware software and thought that I would ask the people here to nominate a good candidate. The software mentioned was http://www.webroot.com/products/spysweeper/. Is this anygood?
    (Location Australia, then UK, but now USA. Heart, outlook, attitude, etc always Australian)
    Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Prevention or Cure

I just tried the free online scan from their website. It identified the VX2 Browser Helper Object as adware. I had none of the offending files on my system, but I do have all of the registry keys, deliberately inserted by SpywareBlaster, as a preventative measure! I won't award points for that "detection" I'm afraid.

Alan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Probably doesn't mean much quantitatively, but according to Windows Secrets Newsletter <!post=mentioned here,,447496>mentioned here<!/post> it's right up there at the top of the list.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I had to clean up a highly infested computer for someone a few weeks ago. There were a number of nasties that I couldn't get rid of using a number of different products that Sypsweeper dealt with very easily. See <post#=422234>post 422234</post#>

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My ISP allowed us to load SpySweeper for free - I found it to be a resource hog running under XP Home - so I dumped it. Still using other spyware/adware finders/removers.
    Ed
    "Somebody left the cork out of my lunch." - W. C. Fields