Star Lounger
    Thanks

List Values for Combo Boxes (A2K, SR1)

I am certain this is quite simple, but I have a combo box on a form to help filter the form, in part by year. I'd like this combo box to contain last year, this year, and next year. I know I could make the Row Source property to Value List and manually add the years, but then I'd need to change this list every year. What I've done to this point is make the Row Source a Query, with the following:
    <hr>SELECT Max(Year(Date())-1) AS CY FROM tblBlueCardInitiate UNION SELECT Max(Year(Date())) AS CY FROM tblBlueCardInitiate UNION SELECT Max(Year(Date())+1) AS CY FROM tblBlueCardInitiate;<hr>
    This solution works just fine, as long as there are records in tblBlueCardInitiate. If there are no records (as there wouldn't be if I distributed this database to other offices), the list is empty. I don't mind using code, but I'm sure I'm missing the simpler solution. Any thoughts?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: List Values for Combo Boxes (A2K, SR1)

Set the Row Source Type to Value List, leave the Row Source blank, and set the Row Source in the On Load event of the form:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.NameOfComboBox.RowSource = Year(Date) - 1 & ";" & Year(Date) & ";" & Year(Date) + 1
    End Sub

with the appropriate name substituted.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I knew it would be simple, though I didn't think I'd need to resort to code. Thanks!

Do you ever rest, Hans?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

> Do you ever rest, Hans?

In case you didn't notice, I was away from the Lounge for 3 days...