New Lounger
    Thanks

Go from A to B (97)

I've written an Excel application with a set of macros for reporting various views of 1 month's worth of data. Unfortunately the main file is growing (as expected) and getting too big to practically email every month. I want to have the monthly data extracted & formatted "outside" of the main data workbook. How can I do the following:

Copy 1 specific sheet ("Raw_Data") from Workbook A into new Workbook B (named "Data Views for MMM-YYYY").
    Copy certain specific macros from Workbook A into new Workbook B.
    Open Workbook B and run the macros just added to it (these create many new worksheets based on the Raw_Data worksheet).
    Close & save all Workbooks.

Any help is appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Go from A to B (97)

Do you really need the macros to be copied to the new workbook, or would it be sufficient to run them from the original workbook (affecting the new workbook)?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If he is going to email the copied workbook, he probably needs the macros in that workbook. I would put those macros in a template or workbook that could be used to copy the data to. Would that be acceptable to the Original Poster?
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

The macros do not actually need to be in the final book. Is there a way to run macros in Workbook A against data in Workbook B ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, you can operate on any open workbook. In general, code will affect the currently active workbook unless you explicitly specify another workbook. So if you make the new Workbook B the active workbook, macros stored in Workbook A will modify Workbook B.