New Lounger
    Thanks

Access/Foxpro (Access 97)

HI,

I am using Access 97 to link to 4 tables from Foxpro for DOS (.dbf). When I run a query that appends one of the Foxpro tables' data to an Access 97 table, I get "Disk or Network Error". I get it consistantly on only one of the tables (the same one each time and on 2 different computers, one is Windows XP and one is Windows 98) while I do not have any problems on 3 other tables in the same string of queries.

Any help?

Thanks,

Jim

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access/Foxpro (Access 97)

Jim,
    Does this FP file carry a compound index file (CDX) with it? If so you need to keep it in the same folder as the DBF file. If it's missing, you have to build a new one with the same structure as the DBF file before you can even open it. If the CDX is there, try opening the DBF in FP and reindexing.

HTH,
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access/Foxpro (Access 97)

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. There is a .cdx file and it is in the same directory, and I did rebuild it. It still created the same error. However, after trial and error and a lot of luck, i was able to determine that Access was stumbling when it tried to import the memo field on the table. Fortunately, I do not need the memo field, so I removed it from the query statement and the problem went away.

Thanks again for your response.

Jim