2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Forms Display (Access 2002)

I developed an application with the intention that the Display would be 1024 X 768 pixels; after releasing the database to the end users I've notice that a few of the users have their Display set to 800 X 600 pixels. This cause a problem because I removed the Scroll Bars from the forms. Is there a way for the Application be displayed at 1024 X 768; thus overriding the Displays Setting that are set on each the work station?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Forms Display (Access 2002)

It is possible, but I recommend not meddling with the users' display settings. I tried a resolution switching utility some time ago, and it did change the resolution, but caused flickering because it also lowered the monitor's refresh rate. See the thread starting at <post#=250795>post 250795</post#>.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Our experience is much the same as Hans had. One strategy you might consider is turning the scroll bars on dynamically if the display is set to 800x600. There are system calls that will tell you what the current resolution is. If you haven't, you might also want to deploy the front-end to each workstation - then you could have a configuration option for each workstation that is permanently set, and you wouldn't have to fiddle with changing form properties on the fly.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can you provide more details on set the Scroll Bars on "dynamically" when resolution is set at 800 X 600?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See ACC2000: How to Determine the Current Screen Resolution (applies to other versions of Access too). You could use the GetScreenResolution function from the MSKB article in the On Load event of a form:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    If GetScreenResolution = "800x600" Then
    Me.ScrollBars = 3 ' both
    Else
    Me.ScrollBars = 0 ' none
    End If
    End Sub