3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

TOC Tables entries missing (2003)

I pasted as enhanced metafiles Excel Tables and rotated them in Word to avoid landscape sections. I captioned the tables with an in-line text box, which was also rotated. So far so good, cross references work! However, the following problems occur:
    1) in the X-ref dialog, the textbox captions are not in order with the "regular" captions. They appear somewhere at the end.
    2) In the list of Tables (TOC) they do not appear. The "regular" captions are there, but the textbox captions are skipped for some reason.
    Has anybody a suggestion how to solve this?
    Teunis

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: TOC Tables entries missing (2003)

Captions in text boxes are not "seen" by the Table of Figures, but captions in a frame are. A caption in a frame will also be listed in the correct place in the Cross Reference dialog.

Frames cannot be rotated, but you can change the text direction of the caption (Format | Text Direction).

There are two ways to create a frame:
    - Insert a text box, select Format | Text Box..., activate the "Text Box" tab and click "Convert to Frame".
    - Select Tools | Macro | Macros... (or press Alt+F8), select "Word Commands" in the "Macros in" dropdown list, and select InsertFrame.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Thanks. Both methods work. But with the textbox method, it is easy to "loose" the "convert to frame option" . Why I don't know. In both cases it still needs quite some juggling before it is correct.
    A pity that the caption in the textbox (in-line with text) just by itself does not appear in the Table of Figures, since it is so much easier.
    Regards,
    Teun

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I agree it's a pity/PITA that you can't use text boxes. You could send a request to Microsoft - e-mail to mswish@microsoft.com, clearly stating the subject, problem and proposed change.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did, though do not expect an implementation any time soon.

Regards,
    Teun