New Lounger
    Thanks

I E 6 Toolbars (IE6,0)

My G/F had some time on her hands and started playing around in IE6 and somehow she has "LOST" all the toolbars! I have absolutely no idea what she may have been doing but she insists on using IE so I have to try and get them back for her.
    Any and all help[ will be appreciated!

F. Ed aka grampedstl

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: I E 6 Toolbars (IE6,0)

You can Select "View>Toolbars" to select toolbars to display. Another possibility is that it is in full screen mode, pressing F11 toggles between full screen and normal mode.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Can you "tick" the toolbars if you right-click the menu bar?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.PNG (3.5 KB, 0 views)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Tony & Hans...
    NOTHING is showing under the window title bar!!! Totally white space under the blue header!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Does F11 help, as suggested by Tony?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

If you are using Windows XP then go to Kellys Korner - Windows XP from A to Z, scroll down to "Toolbar - Missing" for a toolbar repair utility.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Found the problem...
    Seems she was playing and found some add-on called 'Websearch Toolbar' and tried to install it!
    It was creating havoc with IE6 (which she insists on using) .
    I uninstalled it and everything went back to semi-normal...had to do some other clean-up and adjusting...

She uses 'excite,com' for her email and it wont let IE6 login...Message says that cookies and Java must be enabled...what are the correct internet options I need to set to accomplish this?

Thanks so much for being here for us who are less knowledgeable!!!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi

I would first make sure that the websearch toolbar is fully uninstalled - PC Hell: IBIS Web Search (websearch.com) Removal Instructions

For Cookies and Java, the options changed a bit if you have Windows XP service pack 2 installed - the following is for SP2 but is similar for earlier versions of IE6.

Cookies
    To set cookies go to "Tools>Internet Options.." and select the Privacy tab to change the cookie settings. You may have to check the Sites button on that tab to make sure that excite.com has not been blocked from using cookies.

Java
    If you do not already have Sun Java then I recommend installing it. The following is for enabling Sun Java.

Select "Tools>Internet Options..." and go to the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the entry for Java (Sun) and make sure the checkbox immediately below it is checked (labelled Use JRE....)

Next select the Security tab. Select the Internet zone, then click the Custom Level button. Scroll down to "Java VM > Java Permissions" and make sure it is not set to Disable Java (I have mine set to High Safety). Then scroll down to Scripting and make sure the "Active Scripting" and "Scripting of Java Applets" are both set to Enable.

I don't think I have missed anything but if I have I am sure another Lounger will mention it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Folks like you are why I love this place...You treat each question and questioner with respect and make us feel a little less DUMB or uninformed!!!
    Thanks for the info...gotta run now but will get into it later tonite...

Happy Groundhog Day from the midwest of the USA....