3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macro Security Popup (Office 200 w/ Windows2000)

Hi,

I am trying to automate a process which opens an excel spreadsheet within ACCESS. I am trying to turn off the macro security popup warning that comes up. I have the security level set to medium to give me a choice to enable or disable but in this particular instance I would prefer to avoid the message all together. Is this possible through code? Additional Info: When I open the file with out the code I get a choice to enable or disable the macro. When I launch it through access I don't get a enable or disable, I get a yes or no popup. Also, the file really does not contain a macro but it does have a few lines of code in the "ON OPEN EVENT".

Thanks for any help someone could offer.
    Kevin

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro Security Popup (Office 200 w/ Windows2000)

Any VBA code will cause the macro warning, as will the presence of controls from the Control Toolbox or other ActiveX controls.

There is no way to change the macro security settings in code; this is by design, otherwise it would be all too easy for viruses!

Perhaps digital signatures are the way to go, but I can't help you with that.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro Security Popup (Office 200 w/ Windows2000)

If you could turn off that warning in VBA code, then so could any virus. I don't think that is really what you want.

If you digitally sign the macro code with a digital signature (you can create one with the SelfCert program that comes Office), then the first time any user uses the code he will get a message asking if the digital signature can be trusted. If he responds yes, then there will not be a message from then on.
    Legare Coleman