Star Lounger
    Thanks

importing data from Word (2002)

I'm a complete novice when it comes to Access. I've tried using it in the past, but without success. Sorry if my question is completely inane, but here it is. I'm trying to put an index online. There are just under 30,000 entries. To make the index searchable, I apparently need to create a database.

My question is, Is there a simple way to import the content from the current index file? Can Word and Access work together like that? The file is a Word document with entries formatted using the styles "main", "sub1", "sub2", and "sub3". In addition, the location information is formatted with the character style "locator".

Thank you.
    Michael Coleman
    BOMI International

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: importing data from Word (2002)

If the formatting of the Word document has been applied consistently, it is possible, but it will not be a trivial job - if the styles are important, it will involve combining Word VBA and Access VBA. If you could attach a small sample document that demonstrates the layout, with an explanation of how you would like the data to be organized, I'm sure someone here will be able to recommend an approach.