Results 1 to 1 of 1
2005-02-02, 22:03 #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2001
- New York, New York, Lebanon
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rules, Filters and Hotmail (OL 2003)
<img src=/S/hello.gif border=0 alt=hello width=25 height=29> Loungers
In my Inbox, I have 3 Hotmail accounts being gathered via Outlook. Once I go to add rules and filters, Outlook tells me:
<font color=blue>"messages sent and received using HTTP e-mail accounts can not be filtered using Outlook rules..." and something about server-based rules.</font color=blue>
OK, I am using Outlook 2003 on a stand alone laptop, and don't have server based anything.
1) Copy the PST file to make a backup of it.
2) Delete the HTTP Hotmail accounts.
3) Make my rules and filters. I want to color some messages when they come in, set some flags, and move some messages from certain e-mail addresses to folders.
4) Export these rules and filters to a file.
5) Trash the PST file.
6) Reload the PST backup file.
7) Import the rules and filters.
7 step <img src=/S/flee.gif border=0 alt=flee width=25 height=25> for a simple process, or is there a better way?
Thanks for any help
PS: My laptop keyboard is broken, and my fingers are too fat to open the laptop and exchange the keyboards, now what <img src=/S/drop.gif border=0 alt=drop width=23 height=23><img src=/S/compute.gif border=0 alt=compute width=40 height=20> in the <img src=/S/bagged.gif border=0 alt=bagged width=22 height=22>