2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar Views (2003 XP PRO)

If I choose to view a week, and then wish to view the next week, calendar reverts to a single day. Is there a way (I'm sure it must be something simple) of moving from one week to the next?

Hope that's clear and thank you for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Views (2003 XP PRO)

In Outlook 2002, you can use the vertical scroll bar to move from week to week. I don't have 2003, so I don't know if it works the same there. If you display week numbers in the mini-calendar, you can also click a week number to display that week.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Oh - that works. How simple - thank you so much. It's easy when you know how !!

Thanks

Again in Outlook 2002, if you click when the cursor is pointing North East (as in the attachment) the week changes to that selected. If you move the cursor slightly to the right, it switches to point North West and clicking will select the day it is pointing to.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It really comes down to how you selected the "week". If you are in "day" view and click and drag to select 5 days, it may appear that you are in the work week view. However, you are still in a day view but just happen to be viewing 5 days so when you click on the next week - or a day in the next week - you only see that day.

However, if you select the "work week" option on your standard toolbar, as you click on each successive week, you will continue to view a week at a time.

Also - Alt+Down arrow - Alt+Up Arrow is a keyboard shortcut that will work in either scenario just described to move to next or prior weeks in your calendar,

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for these further pointers. Choosing the "work week" option and then clicking on the subsequent week certainly works. However, for some reason, choosing the "week" option (which to me is clearer) and then clicking on the subsequent week returns it to day. Any ideas why this might be?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No idea why - keyboard shortcut still works though to go to the next week.