Thread: Subforms (2003)

Thanks

Subforms (2003)

I have two subforms that show in Datasheet view on my main form. Both the subforms have the Vertical Scrollbar Only property. Yet whenever there are enough lines in a subform that the Vertical Scrollbar is enabled in the subform shown on the main form, a Horizontal Scrollbar also appears. It lets me scroll past the right boundary of the data on the subform, and into a dark gray area of nothingness. The size of the gray area is different on each of the two subforms. I haven't yet found anything that varies the size of that gray area on either one.

I'm hoping to get rid of these Horizontal Scroll Bars, or at least to minimize or equalize the size of the gray areas.

This little thing is driving me nuts. Who can help?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subforms (2003)

This is unavoidable if you use a form in datasheet view; it ignores the setting of the Scrollbars property. I would use a continuous form instead. If you like, you can make a continuous form look like a datasheet form, but you have much more control over its appearance, such as whether scrollbars are displayed.

Thanks

Re: Subforms (2003)

Thanks! I've changed to a continuous form, and it works exactly as I want it to.

I had tried continuous form previously, but had trouble making it look as I wanted it to. As an Access novice, I figured that this technique probably wouldn't do what I needed, so I abandoned it. The assurance of a Master got me back on track, and the rest is history. Thanks again.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA