Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Build button in Access VBA (Access 2000 >)

As per the attachment, Access 97 VBA had a build button that was very handy when needing to insert objects into the code, or when a person needed to build lines of code using the expression builders objects and properties windows. After choosing OK, the full line of code was inserted at the cursor. Since Access 2000, this build button has disappeared. Is it somewhere else that I am missing it, or is there a new way to get lines of code into the VBA editor? If NO!, is there a way to customize the right-click menu to add the build button to it?
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Build button in Access VBA (Access 2000 >)

Access 97 had a non-standard Visual Basic Editor. Starting with the 2000 version, Access uses the same Visual Basic Editor as the other Office applications, so special Access features had to go. You can use Insert | Procedure... to create the first and last line of a sub, function or property.

It is possible to the right-click menus: right-click a toolbar and select Customize..., and tick Shortcut Menus in the list of toolbars in the Toolbars tab. But to add new functionality, you would need an add-in; it is far from trivial. A good free add-in is MZ-Tools 3.0 (you'd need the version for VBA).

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Tx for the link to the add-in. I will certainly try it out. Hopefully it will give me some features that are similar to the build button. I really missed that option from Access97.

The page looks good...and the menu options are interesting....Tx again!!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Just a note to second the MZ Tools add-in that Hans mentioned. We use it all the time.
    Wendell