New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook downloading all remote mail (Outlook 2000)

I tell you all I am at the end of my teather. I have tried everything. Every support forum I've asked cannot provide me with an answer, every help desk I call comes up blank. I so dearly hope that someone here has the answer to this ungodly problem I've been suffering with. Here it is:

We have a salesman on the road. This man retrieves his email via dial up only he has this one terrible problem. Instead of downloading only the new emails, Outlook downloads EVERY EMAIL in the inbox, which is... 2000 or so. All this is through a 56k connection so as you expect - it takes him HOURS. He connects to our exchange server via vpn which all the other salesmen have no problem with. When Send and Recieve is clicked a window appears with Microsoft Exchange remote connection: Retrieving messege XXXX of XXXX and the progress bar. I am at my wits end. If anyone can help me, consider the solution an invite for a drink down my local.

Thanks for your time guys

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook downloading all remote mail (Outlook 2

Have you tried using the Filter settings to retrieve only unread mail? Look under "More settings..." then "Remote Mail" and then "Filter..." in the email account setup