New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook vs Groupwise

Looking for some assistance as our organization determines if Outlook or Groupwise will be our choice. Currently operate on a Novell network, Windows 98 on desktops, primarily using Office, except for database... Paradox 8 (yech)... and netscape as browser and external email. Group Wise 5. is available, but not used. Looking to make all utilize same program for email, internal and external, as well as scheduling... shared. Realize have to move to Exchange, and willing to do so, if benefits are there. Anyone able to point me to any sites or discussion on Pros/Cons of both Outlook (2000) and Groupwise. Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated. Note: There is also a need for sharing documents (excell, word etc.)
    Thanks in advance for any help.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook vs Groupwise

Let me admit to being a Netware junkie.

That said our company uses Exchange, we looked long and hard at Exchange, Groupwise and Notes. Couldn't recall the pros and cons as this was 3 years ago.

Just as a footnote, I have heard from a couple of sources, at least one of which is generally very reliable, that Novell are using Exchange.

Hope this is of some help. I'd pull my files, but the arguments from 3 years ago would not be relevant today.
    Granville

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook vs Groupwise

one thing to check is is the vender has announced new version, HP Openmail is no longer in developement as is one other. unfortunately, i don't recall who it is. The current versions will be supported for at least 5 years, so it may not be that big of an issue, but it is something to weigh when deciding.