New Lounger
    Thanks

Styles Toolbar (Word 2003)

I have put some frequently used styles on a toolbar menu. The problem I am having is the keystrokes are showing up next to the style name but inconsistently. For example:

Body Text Alt+B,0
    Body Text 1

In the above example, I did NOT type in the "Alt+B,0", it just displays......not right away but eventually when I go into my little toolbar menu, it is just there. I wouldn't mind, but note the 2nd style, Body Text 1 doesn't display its keystorke.

Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Styles Toolbar (Word 2003)

Are you sure that Body Text 1 has a keyboard shortcut assigned?

BTW, do you see the keyboard shortcut in the caption of the toolbar button itself, or in the tooltip that is displayed when you hover the mouse over the toolbar button?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I am sure that both styles have keyboard shortcuts applied. BTW, it is not just here where I am seeing the inconsistency. I see it with other styles as well.

There is NOT a keyboard shortcut in the tooltip of the button itself. I have the styles on a drop down menu on the toolbar. (I have groupings of styles and then drop down the particular styles that belong in the group. So for example I have "Body Text" as the menu, then all of the assorted body text styles on the menu. BTW, I do have "show keyboard shortcuts in tooltips" set to display.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps someone with Word 2003 can comment. I'm using Word 2002 (XP), and keyboard shortcuts for styles are displayed consistently in a custom dropdown menu.