New Lounger
    Thanks

resizing commandbar button (1)

I wan to make a vertically oriented custum toolbar on the left side of the screen with commandbuttons shown in 'text only' mode.
    Unfortunately, the text on the buttons , which is 4 characters long, is turned 90 degrees vertically.

1/ Is there a way to show this text horizontally or can I make this button bigger without using the 'largebuttons' property?
    3/ can I attach a picture on a commandbutton so it's shown when you slide over the button without clicking it (e.g. comments)?

many thanks
    roland

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: resizing commandbar button (1)

1. If you dock a toolbar to the left or right hand side of the Excel window, the text will be rotated. If the toolbar is docked to the top or bottom of the Excel window, or if it is floating, the text will be horizontal.
    2. I don't see question 2.
    3. You can set a tool tip for a toolbar button in VBA code:

Application.CommandBars("My Toolbar").Controls("My Button").TooltipText = "This is the description"

You can write a macro for this, or simply type the instruction in the Immediate window (in the Visual Basic Editor) and press Enter to execute it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, no question nr 2. Thanks for your comments.
    Yes I can use the tooltip property, but is it possible to link a picture instead of text to this property?
    r

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No, the TooltipText property is a string, you cannot set it to a picture. You can set a picture for the button itself, of course, but there is no property that does what you want.