Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fill Series (97/SP2)

I cannot get Fill Series to work and don't know what I am doing wrong. I verified that the number in my starting cell is indeed a number, not text. I select that cell, extend the selection down, and click Edit - Fill - Series - OK (with Step Value = 1). Nothing happens. I've tried to do this using CTRL while selecting; I've tried right-clicking after I select (but get a popup menu that does not have Fill Series on it).

Any ideas, please?
    Caroline

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fill Series (97/SP2)

Have you made sure that Columns has been selected in the Series dialog? If Rows is selected in the dialog while the selected range is a column, nothing will happen.

What happens if you drag the fill handle (the little black square in the lower right corner of the selected cell) down with the right mouse button?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Columns had been selected. Dragging the fill handle worked. I tested other areas in the same spreadsheet and the approach that I first described worked perfectly, just not in this column. Weird.

Thanks,
    Caroline

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

So apparently it is not a general problem with your Excel installation, so you probably don't have to worry. But if you wish, you can post the problem workbook (or a stripped down copy of it), so that Loungers can investigate it.