Thread: Add-in Manager

New Lounger
    Thanks

Add-in Manager

I recently replaced my computer with a new one and installed my Office 2000 on it. Now I find that when I run Access and click Tools/Add-ins, the Add-in Manager screen is empty and all the wizards such as Switchboard Manager are gone. I tried custom re-installing and after it checked the existing installation, it showed that all the wizards had been installed but I can't find where they are, since they don't show up in the Add-in window. Any ideas about what I can do to retrieve them will be appreciated. Thanks,

Ernie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Add-in Manager

This question keeps coming up because Microsoft appears to have forgotten to point out the new location of these tools. The Switchboard Manager and the Linked Table Manager are no longer Add-ins in Access 2000. Instead, you'll find them under the Database Utilities menu item on the Tools menu.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I didn't notice that they were there. How about other add-ins? According to the info in custom install, there should be other add-ins available, but the Add-in Manager screen on the Tools menu comes up empty.

Ernie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

One of the problems with Access 2000 is that you have to get used to a different way of working. Most of the add-ins are only available from the VB IDE in Access 2000 instead of being all mixed together as in previous versions. Once you get into the VB editor, you'll find things like Code Librarian listed in the add-ins manager in that interface.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte,

Thanks for your reply. I gues that takes care of the subject. Thanks again,

Ernie