4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Change Email Address (2002 SP3)

I am trying to change an email address in my Personal Address Book. I can change the address but when I get out and back into the address book, the email address is back to the original one. I know I could delete the person and readd with the corrected email address but that doesn't seem very productive.

TIA
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't Change Email Address (2002 SP3)

Perhaps I am not understanding you. Your Personal Address Book is normally just your Contacts folder in another format. Are you saying that when you change the Contacts card it is not reflected in your Personal Address Book?
    Gre

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

unkamunka,
    This is my work email and my address book is just my address book - my contacts folder is empty. This probably has something to do with how IT set us up. When I open my address book and then open the personal addresses (vs. the global addresses) and make a change - the change doesn't stick if the change was to the email address. I can change the display name but not the address.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

While your method would definitely be more productive, it is likely that security is such that if you could change your own addresses, you could also change the global addresses. In other words, there is no direct workaround that I can see either. My guess is that if you asked IT for a change, they would tell you that they couldn't make that possible for you.

Presumably, setting up addresses in Contacts raises all sorts of issues about: accessing from other machines and future upgrades? In other words, trying a workaround by setting yourself up with a Contacts folder, in the long run, could be more hassle than it's worth? (Perhaps, also, unpopular with IT?)

HTH
    Gre

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That's what I thought. And it really isn't all that hard to delete/re-add.

Thanks for your help unkamunka!