ScoobyDoo!

Displaying n number of records

I have one that I've been struggling with that seems like it should be simple. I have a table with Names and scores and dates. I need to be able to capture the last 12 scores for each name. Does anyone have any ideas about how to do that?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Displaying n number of records

If this is an Access table, you'd be better off posting the question in the Access forum, since it would require addressing issues of relational table design. If you're talking about something like a Word table, you need to specify.
    Charlotte

ScoobyDoo!

It is an Access table, but it is one that is the result of a make table query that includes all of the data that I need. What I am thinking I need to do is open the table as a recordset, then step through the records, discarding each record after the first 12 for each person in the list. Does that sound like the easiest way to do something like that?
    I will also follow your suggestion and post this in the Access forum and see if anyone has any better ideas.

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'll follow up on this with you when you post it in Access rather than extending this thread.
    Charlotte

ScoobyDoo!

Thank you!

Charlotte, Thank you, I figured it out all by my lonesome, actually. The code that I was trying to use to evaluate the records was just not working. It turned out to be a duplicate reference that was confusing VBA. Once I cleared that up, my code worked just fine, and I'm on my way to a solution that seems pretty air tight. Thanks again, for trying to help.