2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Powerpoint macros running from intranet (2000)

With a bit of experimentation and browsing the internet, I've found that I should be using FollowHyperlink instead of Open - BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!

This is what I'm using:
    sub openpps()
    Dim ppointpps
    Dim prespps
    Dim ppfilepps
    ppfilepps = "present.pps"
    Set ppointpps = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")
    ppointpps.Visible = True
    ppointpps.presentations.add
    activepresentation.followhyperlink ppfilepps,,True
    Set prespps = Nothing
    Set ppointpps = Nothing
    end sub

Powerpoint opens up and the initial presentation starts, but the FollowHyperlink completely fails to work. Yet I can get this to work in a macro run directly from a blank presentation. So why not in a VBScript inside an ASP page? Thanks again for any ideas.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Powerpoint macros running from intranet (2000)

I've just put a Powerpoint Show (.pps) up on our intranet (separate server), and find that when it's run, the macro permissions differ from running off the local lan. This is the first such training show we've tried with macros, so we've not encountered this before.
    If we run the show by just referencing the .pps from HTML (anchor tag with href), the show downloads and asks if running macros is ok (all very correct), but then when the macros run, thus altering the pps, we keep getting prompted if we wish to save the show as it's been altered! This doesn't happen if the show is run from a local copy. Anyone know why this should be?
    We've also tried running the show from the intranet by opening up a Powerpoint application in a script and starting it from there (e.g. 'Set pres = ppoint.Presentations.Open(ppfile, -1)'), but in this case the show opens up without asking about macros and then proceeds to run without them. So here it seems that the highest security is being applied automatically even though all our copies of Powerpoint have Medium macro security set as standard. Any ideas, anyone?
    In fact, how do we run a Powerpoint Show from the intranet, with macros, being prompted if we wish to run the macros or not, the macros working, and no requests to save the show? Thanks in advance for any help in unraveling this puzzle (or at least a puzzle to us).