Lounger
    Thanks

Export drawing to *.gif file (word 97)

Hi,

I have created a drawing in a word 97 file using a combination of drawing objects (lines etc), text boxes and an imported *.gif file. I now want to export the whole drawing to a *.gif file. Anybody know how?

Thanks,

Mike Cribb

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Export drawing to *.gif file (word 97)

If you are using a later version of Microsoft Windows (in my case, ME), the Paint program can save as *.gif. In that case, you should be able to select your drawing in Word, copy it to the Clipboard, and then paste it into Paint and save it, changing the file type to Graphics Interchange Format (*.gif). Even if the Word document is a combination of graphics and text, it can be selected (Edit > Select All) and copied/pasted. It works best in Page Layout view.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Worst case fix. View your document on screen and press ALT/Print screen- This copies only the "Active" window to the clip board. Paste the picture into a program like PaintShopPro and edit/crop/etc. Save as 'gif'.

Thanks

Can you SaveAs to a HTML file in Word97?
    Using Word 2K here, and simply selecting that option creates a sub-folder with, amongst the other bits, your graphics as a .gif
    Can't get much faster than that.