Chandler, AZ

Unistall Office (Office 2000 SP1)

I recently made the huge mistake of installing the Office updates for MS Office 2000. Now MS Word keeps crashing. I am not however having any problems with Excel, but I don't even want to take that chance.
    I would like to know if I uninstall Office, will the updates go away with that, or am I looking at having to go into the registry to get rid of it all and start over. Or if I go and buy Office '03 will it over write and all be smiley again. I have already lost a 15 page document so time is of the essence.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Silver Lounger
    New York, New York, USA

Re: Unistall Office (Office 2000 SP1)

Which updates are you referring to? Did you install SP-3 prior to these updates? What is the error message during the crash? Was any error messages during update process? Was any error messages during bootup after updating?

Silicon Valley, USA

Re: Unistall Office (Office 2000 SP1)

Obviously this reply is very late if time was of the essence, but... there are a lot of ways to troubleshoot Word-specific crashes. This post is particularly useful: <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post>.