3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

GUI for Dates and Times (2000)

Is there an activeX or similar out there that can be used with Access to provide an Outlook calendar style presentation of dates and times? I have a couple of databases that take appointments and, although they work, neither solution is perfect. One looks OK, but has to insist on all appointments lasting a multiple of half an hour, and starting on the hour or half past the hour. The other allows alternative time slot start times and lengths, but all I can show the user is a list of records that looks quite confusing.

Ian

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: GUI for Dates and Times (2000)

I've had good luck with ActiveX controls from http://www.dbi-tech.com. In particular they have a set of controls that include their ctDay control that we used for scheduling purposes - read all about it at Calendar Controls 3.0. They also have some sophisticated .NET controls at Solutions:: Schedule 7.0 - if you would like more details please post back.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Wendell,
    The dbi tech controls look good. I'm particularly drawn to the multi-column day view component that comes with PIM Professional 3.0. However, the prices are steep. Do you know if the prices that they quote for user licences refer to the developers or to the final clients? Would I have to include the price of their 5 or 10 user license every time I created something with these components, or do I just have to buy the single user license once, for my development PC?
    Ian

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I believe that each developer is required to have a license, but you should confirm that with DBI - if you select the FAQ section of their web, then choose Products, ActiveX, Distribution Issues it appears to say that, but you should confirm that by reading the Software License Agreement.
    Wendell