2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Varying Sound in a Slide Show (PowerPoint 2003)

I have two questions about sound in slide shows: (1) is it possible to vary the sound that accompanies a slide show? For example, can I begin my slide show with, say, one of Beethoven's symphonies, then change to, say, a Beatles song on the 10 slide, so that the first 9 slides are accompanied by Beethoven and the next series of slides are accompanied by the Beatles? (2) Is it possible to add effects to the sound that accompanies a slide show, such as raising or lowering the volume on a particular slide?

Thanks in advance to the Powerpoint gurus...

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Varying Sound in a Slide Show (PowerPoint 2003)

Using the custom animation dialog, you can have a sound track loop ( or a cd play) for a certain amount of slides. It can be set by specifying that the track must start on lide 1 and end only after slide 9. Then have the beatles play for slide 10 and end after slide 10... The tracks should preferably be mp3's on your harddrive. You don't want to swop cd's during the presentation, unless you have 2 drives!

As for the volumme issue...I can't answer...refer back to your post for other replies!
    Regards,
    Rudi

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Varying Sound in a Slide Show (PowerPoint 2003)

What Rudi said.

Also see Play sounds across slides

For the most part, PPT plays sounds "as is," so you'll need to do your volume adjustments in sound editing software.