New Lounger
    Thanks

Embed a subform in a form in continuous view ((Access 2000))

I have read that you can only put a subform in a form with Default View property set to Single Form. But I have a subform in a continuous form, in the Form Header, and it seems to work OK. The forms are not linked at all - the small subform in the header is linked to a table of user preferences that does not relate to the records lower down. I could change it around, so that the continous records were in a subform, and the preferences were in the main form - but I don't really want to do this. The preferences subform is a bit of an afterthought to a system that works well, so I don't want to change too much.

My question is this - is my subform in the form header likely to cause me problems? For example is it likely to crash at odd moments. If so, I will start again and do it properly - if not I will leave well alone!

Many thanks for any advice, or other experiences.

Ruth

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Embed a subform in a form in continuous view ((Access 2000))

You cannot put a subform in the Detail section of a continuous form. There is no objection to having a subform in the Form Header or Form Footer of a continuous form.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Embed a subform in a form in continuous view ((Access 2000))

Thanks Hans