4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Run Time Error 2136 (2000 & 2002)

Hi,
    I have an access database that was for the most part written in 2000. Two places work with this database. One is in Pennsylvania and the other is in Virginia. The people in VA have just recently upgraded their desktops to 2002 and we here in PA still have 2000. When they open the database they get the "Runtime Error 2136 to open form or report in design view. End or Debug. They this when they first open it up, it won't even get to the switchboard. If I click the Debug option it takes me to the code I have in the switchboard, which is this:
    Private Sub Form_Current()
    ' Update the caption and fill in the list of options.
    Label1.Caption = Nz(Me![ItemText], "")
    FillOptions
    End Sub
    This doesn't happen every time they open it. They were getting it for a while and then they weren't, now they are again. I'm assuming it's because something in 2002 doesn't like the code. Do they need a service pack?
    Thanks,
    Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Run Time Error 2136 (2000 & 2002)

I can't find anything relevant. It doesn't sound like a references problem, but it can't hurt to check on one of the problem PCs:
    - Select Tools | References... in the Visual Basic Editor.
    - If there are references starting with MISSING, note which ones they are, then clear their check boxes and click OK.
    - Select Debug | Compile <project> to test if the code is OK.

You can also try the following:
    - Decompile the database (see <post#=44865>post 44865</post#> for details).
    - Compile the code.
    - Compact and repair the database.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Do you know which line of code is throwing the error? Since the error message is
    <hr>To set this property, open the form or report in Design view. For more information on this property, search the Help index for the name of the property.<hr>
    it doesn't seem like the lines you showed should cause this problem, but since you don't show any error handling, it's hard to tell exactly where the error is originating.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'll see if I can duplicate the problem and let you know. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Thanks,

Deb