3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

calculated field (2003)

In a form, I have a numerical form field to accept a monthly salary amount. Another field multiplies this amount by 12 for the annual amount. The calculation works correctly. But if the user decides the monthly amount was incorrect and changes it, the annual amount does not update. The directions say to click on the calculated field and press [F9]. The form is locked and the user cannot click on the calculated field, and I have no intention of unlocking the form - what needs to happen?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: calculated field (2003)

Double click the first form field (while the document is unprotected) and tick the 'Calculate on exit' check box, then click OK. When the document is protected, the calculated field will be updated when the user tabs out of the first form field.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm doing that - and it works the first time through. Calculate on exit is checked. But if I go back and change the source amount (the value upon which the calculation is based), I can't get the calculation to REcalculate. Does it recalculate for you?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In my test document, the calculated value is updated each time the first form field is changed. Could you post a small dummy document with a calculated field that doesn't get recalculated?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I entered 1200 in the first blank. This calculated in the second field. I entered a Department name in the third field - because little seemed to happen if the calculated field is the last "action." Then I went back and changed the first field to a different number.

Thanks for your time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You must tick the 'Calculate on exit' check box in the options for the first text form field - the monthly salary. When you exit this text form field, other fields depending on it will be recalculated.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sure you told me that the first time and I heard what I thought I SHOULD be hearing. Thank for for your patience.