3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lounge setting in IE (IE 6)

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum

My problem is with the lounge interface itself. Firstly, when viewing a list of found items, i.e. search results, I can easily go to one thread, then move back and forth in the thread, using the back button as usual. However, trying to go back to the list of search results gives me a page expired message. It seems that only the search results page expires, I can still go forward to the messages in the thread. This means I cant get back to the results in order to browse another thread without retyping the search again. Any body know why?

Also, the appearance of the thread varies, sometimes I get all the message texts in boxes one after another, sometimes just one message with a list of indented replies below that (this variation seems related to whether I am looking at a forum directly, or browse search results)

Maybe the problems are linked. I am logged in as myself with the lounge in all cases, so it maybe I just need help with setting my preferences.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lounge setting in IE (IE 6)

You can Shift+click a thread in the list of search results. This will open the thread in a new browser window. When you're done with it, close the new window and you're back at the search results.

When you click on a thread in search results, it is always shown in threaded mode, even if your display settings in the Lounge Control Panel specify flat mode. I don't know why that is, but I don't think it will be changed.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lounge setting in IE (IE 6) - Thanks

Thanks for this. I thought there was something strange about the preferences. I will use the shift click in future.