New Lounger
    Thanks

Sharing Documents (WD97/2000+)

I have a quick question. I remember a bug in Word when creating a document in Word 2000 or later and opening in Word 97. The paragraphs of the document lose the indents when opened in Word 97. Was there ever a fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sharing Documents (WD97/2000+)

MSKB article When you use Word 2000 to open a Word 97 document the NumberPosition property does not retain a set value is about (more or less) the reverse problem.

MSKB article The list numbering format changes when you open a Word 2000 document in Word 97 or in Word 6 is similar to what you describe.

Does one of these apply to your problem?

New Lounger
    Thanks

These sound very similar to the problem I am seeing but I am not sure if it will resolve the problem. Unfortunately, these folks are creating document in Word 2003. When the documents are opened in Word 97, the paragraph indents are lost on certain paragraphs. How would they be able to control what the document looks like when sending it to a Word 97 client? It seems there would be a fix in Word 97 but again, how can you control what the client has? Grrrr...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You (or the people creating the documents) can select Tools | Options..., activate the Compatibility tab, and select Word 97 from the 'Recommended options for' dropdown list.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately, that does not fix the lost indents once in Word 97. [img]/forums/images/smilies/ohmy.gif[/img](

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, no other ideas at the moment. Anyone else?