New Lounger
    Thanks

Query Wizard error (Access 2000)

I'm designing a new query using the simple query wizard and in the screen that has you pick which fields you want in the your query, I'm trying to select a table in the Tables/Queries box using the down arrow but I get the message "The expression On Got Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The text you entered isn't an item in the list." Two bullets follow this statement: "The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]." and "There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro."

I can eventually choose my table and fields and continue on with creating the query, but my cursor is not longer an arrow but the hour glass. This doesn't happen every time I'm in Access, but when it happens, it happens in 2 or 3 other databases I have. Each of these databases were created in Access 97 and converted to 2000. Is this the problem?

I've searched Knowledge Base at MS, but can't find anything On Got Focus.
    I guess I'm more curious than anything since I can still create the query. I'd just like to know why I get the message.

Thanks in advance for anyone's insight.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query Wizard error (Access 2000)

According to ACC2000: Error Message: The Expression May Not Result in the Name... this error can occur if there is a function or procedure in the code in your database with the same name as a module.

It might also be a problem with DAO
    a) Activate the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11) and select Tools | References... Clear check boxes for references starting with MISSING (if any) and make sure that there is a reference to the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library, not to the DAO 3.5n Library or DAO 2.5/3.5 Compatibility Library.
    [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] You can try reregistering the DAO library:
    - Locate the file dao360.dll. Its default location is C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedDAO
    - In Windows, select Start | Run...
    - Type regsvr32 "C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedDAOdao360.dll" (with the correct path for your PC) and press Enter.