georgette

Cut and paste changes chart font size... why

I am working on large report at work involving cutting and pasting many Excel charts into Word documents. I am in Office 2000.

In Excel, I have located all of the charts on separate worksheets and adjusted the font size to Arial 14pt. so that the fonts remain consistent when pasted into Word.

Problem: When I just "paste" the chart into Word, the font size in Excel changes. Does anyone know why?

Partial solution: When I "paste special", picture into Word, the font size remains Arial 14pt. in Excel. But then I have to adjust the layout and the size of the chart in Word... very time consuming when you have 15-20 to do per chapter.

HELP!!!!

TIA,
    Georgette

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cut and paste changes chart font size... why

I don't know if this will help.

If you right click on a blank area of a chart, there's a menu item "Format Chart Area". Under the properties tag, there's an "object positioning" frame. Select the "Don't move and size with cells" property.

The default is to move and size with cells- with this, font sizes can change.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cut and paste changes chart font size... why

That option tab is not available when the chart is on its own worksheet (Chart|Location|New sheet). Boooo.

Thanks for your input!
    Georgette