Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2000 Profile Wizard (MS 2000 SR-1)

I have used the Profile Wizard which comes in the MS Resource Kit Tools many times in the past without difficulty. When I now try to use it, it starts to read the settings, and then stops with the message 'Cannot open Cocuments and SettingsHowardApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookoutcmd.dat' and refuses to go any further. If I try to delete the file outcmd.dat, I am told that it is in use elsewhere, although all Office programs are closed. Ctrl-Alt-Delete does not give any indication that the file is in use. Where can I go from here?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2000 Profile Wizard (MS 2000 SR-1)

Hi, Howard. It's just a shot in the dark, but do you use the Office toolbar? I would try rebooting your workstation and renaming the file. If that doesn't work, you may need to reboot in safe mode to be able to get to it.
    Karen

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2000 Profile Wizard (MS 2000 SR-1)

Karen,

Many thanks for your suggestion. I have not used the Office toolbar since I discovered the Quick Launch section of the taskbar - certainly some years ago.

I have not had cause to reboot in Safe Mode since I got a new PC with Windows XP just over a year ago. I had to look up how to do it! Once in Safe Mode, I was able to rename the outcmd.dat file, and restarting Windows and then Outlook seemed to solve the problem. I have now made the necessary changes to my Outlook toolbar, and, hopefully saved everything satisfactorily in my settings file.

Regards, Howard