Thread: if print (2003)

rlbroerman

if print (2003)

I am trying to print the word "he" if there is a "1" in the sex field in the patient table with "=If(patient.sex=1,"he","she")" but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: if print (2003)

I presume that you have this code in a text field on a report?
    You should use iif not if.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Rick, keep your replies to the lounge, in that way others may learn as well, it also gives all in the lounge the opportunity to help you.

BTW iif does work. Maybe the reference to patient.sex is not correct, you will probably only need to use sex and not patient.sex, but I'm guessing here as I don't know if you are using a query or a table as the Record Source of your report.

rlbroerman

Thanks it works except that when I open the report it says "Enter Parameter Value"
    I click on "OK" and it prints the "false part" even though my table has 1's and 2's in it.
    can you help again? Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There is probably a small typo somewhere - a misspelled field name. The prompt in the "Enter parameter value" window should give you a clue what to look for. Check very carefully - one character (even a space) can make the difference.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,
    Based on your posts, I am assuming that Patient.Sex is the name of a field. If this is the case try : =IIF([Patient.Sex]=1,"He","She"). Usually you end up with a Parameter value if the calculation cannot find a source; in this case the field values!
    Regards,
    Rudi