4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A rule for 'sent on behalf of' (XP)

Dear Loungers,

We are using Exchange and have a "person" (Mr CaseFlow)that is the project, we all have access to this for read and write of emails and calendar. And we all have the account added to out Outlook display e.g. I have my own Mailbox for Liz and I can see the Mailbox for CaseFlow.
    The problem is this: if I create a mail message from Mr CaseFlow it display that I sent it on behalf of him, this is fine, what isn't is that it goes into my Sent items and not Mr CaseFlow's. I thought I could create a rule, but you can't specify to do something when sent from a specific exchange account only at the level of Exchange or POP accounts. My only option is to get people to cc Mr CaseFlow - and we know they'll forget sometimes. By the way, obviously we could log in as Mr Caseflow but it is a pain becasue you can't have two exchange sessions running.
    Any ideas of another solution?

many thanks.................. liz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A rule for 'sent on behalf of' (XP)

The Exchange admin can set permissions to send as Mr CaseFlow instead of send on behalf of Mr CaseFlow. If you "send as", a copy will be kept in the Sent Items folder of Mr CaseFlow.

See <post#=43740>post 43740</post#> by <!profile=Silverback>Silverback<!/profile>.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A rule for 'sent on behalf of' (XP)

Hans,

I don't tink it does put it in the Mr CaseFlow sent items and the post you references indicates not unless rules are "faffed" with. I have tried but failed. I have mailed Silverback as I am interested in his rules workaround. If I get an answer I will post it here for completeness

many thanks............... liz