5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Worksheet before close (Excel 2000)

I need to reset certain columns so that our Nitpick 5000 system doesn't choke on an incorrect column width. I have the settings in a recorded macro, but I am not sure how to get them to apply to ALL sheets in the workbook in the easiest way. Do I have to assign a variable the number of sheet and then do a loop through...how should I set that up to cover all the sheets? TYIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Worksheet before close (Excel 2000)

Double click the ThisWorkbook node in the Project Explorer on the left hand side of the Visual Basic Editor.
    Copy the following code into the ThisWorkbook module:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
    Dim wsh As Worksheet
    For Each wsh In Me.Worksheets
    wsh.Range("H:H").ColumnWidth = 12
    Next wsh
    End Sub

Change H to the column you want to modify, and replace 12 with the desired column width (as a number of characters). Add lines for other columns as needed. The Workbook_BeforeClose event will occur before the workbook is closed.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! Just what I needed. Help me learn a little here...when you write For Each wsh in me.worksheets....what is me. alluding to? Do I need to change it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The ThisWorkbook object is the workbook as a whole. In the module belonging to this object, Me refers to ThisWorkbook. So (in this module alone), the following are equivalent:

Me.Worksheets
    ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets (if the workbook is the active one)
    Workbooks("MyWorkbook.xls").Worksheets (where MyWorkbook.xls is the name of the workbook)

Similarly, in the module belonging to a worksheet, Me refers to that worksheet. So in the module of a worksheet, the following are equivalent:

Me.Range("A1")
    ActiveSheet.Range("A1") (if Sheet1 is the active sheet)
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") (where Sheet1 is the name of the worksheet)