gdrury

Invalid Page Fauly

When I use Windows Explorer and try to open any of my file folders I get the following:
    This program has preformed and illegal operation and will be shut down. When I click on the details box it says: Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module Shell32.dll at 017f: 7fcb1946. I click close and another box open (Microsoft Internet Explorer Box) - it says: An error has occurred in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will now close. If you continue to experience problems please restart your computer. I restart and the same problem occurs. I have just spent hours searching Microsoft stuff and can not find anything referencing the particular module above.
    I am running Windows 98 SE and using Internet Explorer 5.5. IBM Compatible system - P 3 - 933 - 128 ram 3DFX Voodoo 2000, 3 hard drives, CD player and HP burner
    I have not added or changed anything recently

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Invalid Page Fauly

It could be something as simple as a missing system font - but you'd need to spend hours finding out. I suggest a clean (ie not 'over-the-top') install of 98SE into a different directory.

jcreighton

It could be the Shell= line in the System.ini, it is located in the [Boot] section. It should have Shell=explorer.exe
    To locate the system.ini file open Notepad and type in the open dialog box, c:windowssystem.ini

gdrury

Thanks for the suggestion - checked it and it was =explorer.exe so that part seems fine.