Thread: Hitman Pro

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hitman Pro

<A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.hitmanpro.nl/">Hitman Pro - Alles-in-

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hitman Pro

It's an AutoIt shell, and it bundles freeware versions of Ad-Aware SE 6.2 (versie 1.05), Webroot SpySweeper 3 (30 day trial), Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3, SpywareBlaster 3.2, McAfee Stinger and CWShredder 2.12. It automates downloading the latest files for these applications, and runs some or all of them (configurable) producing a single report (in Dutch...)

Hitman Pro is freeware, but the author appreciates voluntary donations.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I had the site translated by Babelfish and there's still several words that don't get translated. But, it looks like whatever it is, it depends on AdAware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, etc. to "do the work." I don't really get a sense of what its purpose is from the translation. Hans?

Edited: Sorry, Hans, you beat me. I shoulda knowd...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you download Hitman Pro, you get:
    - Hitman itself, an AutoIt application.
    - The latest versions (at the time the download was assembled) of the freeware versions of AdAware etc.

Hitman performs the following functions:
    - Download the latest updates to the bundled applications (so that you don't have to start each individual application and test if there are updates)
    - Run the "clean" option of the bundled applications (you can select which ones) and produce a single report of the results.
    - Turn on the background protection options of SpywareBlaster, S&D Immunize, S&D Teatimer etc. (you can specify which ones).

So it's mostly meant as a shell around AdAware etc., taking away the hassle of running them individually.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Hans (and Al). I actually wrote something like this, using Autoit, some time back. It was useful for a small network, where the folk weren't all that computer savvy. They could get the updates, distribute the defs across the network, then run them all via the Autoit "shell". There was still some manual component in terms of final cleaning. I might see if just the Autoit script is available - I'd be interested in comparing.

Alan