Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge Quirk (2003)

Just checking to see if anyone else has noticed this quirk about the Mail Merge in Word 2003. When you click on the Merge to New document button, the new document that is created looks like it has the same name as your main document. If you click the Window menu, there are two of the same document name listed. But, when you go to close the merged result document, you are asked if you would like to save "Letters1" or whatever type/number you are on.
    Can anyone else recreate this on their system?
    Attached Images Attached Images

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge Quirk (2003)

Hi Mary! Based on this excerpt from Microsoft KB Article 886791 that issue was corrected with SP-1 which was released in October. <blockquote><hr>Issues that the hotfix package fixes

This hotfix package fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
    Karen

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge Quirk (2003)

Thanks for the info. We are running SP1, but the article sounds like there is an SP1 hotfix that we need. I'll give it a try and see if it helps. I am glad you were able to find this for me. I searched microsoft, but did not run across this article.
    Thanks again!