New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook email links (Outlook 2003)

I do not know if I missed this jewel but I have been trying to find out the following:
    After I download email into my Outlook, I'd like to read the email (which is no problem) but click on the links to read/see additional information when I'm disconnected from the internet.
    Is there a way to do this? It would be like saving internet pages for offline reading.
    I'd appreciate an answer if possible. I haven't found any info on this.
    Thanks a lot.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook email links (Outlook 2003)

If you mean that you want a url link in an e-mail, such as this:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.p...t&Number=455140

to be clickable and show the webpage, that is NOT possible without being actively connected to the Internet. You could save copies of those web pages on your hard drive, and then within the e-mail reset the link to point to those HTML page copies on your hard drive, but I'm not aware of an all-in-one utility to do this. (It's also dangerous from a spyware/virus security viewpoint.)

There are a couple of things in Outlook 2003 you can do with graphics embedded in HTML e-mails to make them download as part of the e-mail; see the options under Tools | Options | Security | Download Pictures - Change Automatic Download Settings. Again, permitting liberal settings could be dangerous from a spyware/virus perspective.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook email links (Outlook 2003)

Thanks a lot John.
    Yes - that's correct. Like in IE, saving a Favorite and making it available Offline, with x number of levels deep of your choosing.
    Safety is a factor and depends on what you do and where you go.
    If I get email newsletters from Microsoft or Woody - someone trustworthy - I'd like to be able to reference the links offline.
    (I'm not ready for wireless yet).
    Thanks again.