New Lounger
    Thanks

Lost Excel Keyboard Shortcuts (Excel 2002 SP3)

Has anyone experienced a loss of the standard Excel keyboard shortcuts after installing SP3 for Excel 2002? I've been using Excel since v1.x for Mac and have come to rely on them tremendously.

CTRL + SHIFT + PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN no longer selects the current worksheet plus the next or previous worksheet. Nothing happens anymore.

CTRL + SHIFT + ARROW KEY RIGHT or LEFT no longer extends the selection to the next non-blank cell. The shortcut now seems to go the next visible cell and varies by the number of columns or rows that are shown.

CTRL + SHIFT + ARROW KEY UP or DOWN no longer does anything.

Is anybody else experiencing this strange behavior? Is there a way to get the old shortcuts back? Is it a SP3 enhancement that wasn't meant to be? Or, have I just lost my mind!

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated -- except the part about my mind which I lost long ago.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost Excel Keyboard Shortcuts (Excel 2002 SP3)

Those shortcuts work fine for me in Excel 2002 SP3, both at home and at work.

You can try the following:
    - Activate the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11)
    - Activate the Immediate window (Ctrl+G)
    - Type Application.OnKey "^+{PGUP}" and press Enter.
    - Type Application.OnKey "^+{PGDN}" and press Enter.
    - Type Application.OnKey "^+{LEFT}" and press Enter.
    - Type Application.OnKey "^+{RIGHT}" and press Enter.
    - Type Application.OnKey "^+{UP}" and press Enter.
    - Type Application.OnKey "^+{DOWN}" and press Enter.
    This should restore the built-in action for these keystroke combinations.

If it doesn't help, try Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post>.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the help Hans. The only thing that works is starting up Excel in safe mode. Nothing else seems to solve the problem. I even removed ancient add-ins that have work for years and that didn't help. The only thing I can think of trying next is a reinstall of Excel to fix the problem.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I suspect this has to do with the options set under Tools, options, transition. Especially the Navigation keys etting may affect this behaviour.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank You Jan. The transition key option was check and it is now the obvious source of the problem. That is not a menu I have ever played around with in the 15 plus years I have used Excel. I must have activated it accidently by pressing the wrong combination of keys. Hopefully this won't happen to me again for at least another 15 years.