Star Lounger
    Thanks

Compare Tables (2003)

This complicated to explain. I have a table (1) with a supplier ID field, date fields, and dollar fields. Another table (2) has supplier ID field, and contact info fields. I would like to do a query or report that will list the supplier contact info from table (2) for those suppliers that that do not show any data in table (1) for a specific date. Does that make sense? Is it possible to do this without VBA?

Thanks,

Kent

Thanks

Re: Compare Tables (2003)

Hi,
    You can use the Find unmatched query wizard for this but first you will need to create a query that selects the data from table 1 that matches the date you want. Then select Queries in the database window, select New, then in the option box choose 'Find Unmatched query wizard' and then follow the instructions - you will want to pick table 2 in the first option, the query you just created in the second option and link them by Supplier ID.
    Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Star Lounger
    Thanks

That works perfect! I had tried using the Find unmatched Query Wizard before but I think I was going between two tables instead of a query with the right dates. Thanks for your help!

Kent

Thanks

Believe it or not, I came up here earlier to post a question, and this thread was at the top of the Access list. It has the exact answer I was looking for. Creepy!
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA