2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reminder Add-in (2003)

I am looking for a reminder manager that allows to set up reminders in non default folders. I have downloaded the trial version of Reminder Manager from Slovak Technical Serivces and I was wondering if there are some other similar softwares in the market.

Marcel

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reminder Add-in (2003)

I thought that one of the differences between Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003 was support for reminders in non default folders. If I add a reminder to a mail item in a random folder then I can immediately see a shortcut to this in Search Folders > For Follow Up which is (I think) how Outlook 2003 manages this new feature.

StuartR

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Using Search Folders fro non-default Reminders is a great trick. Can you test to see if a reminder actually fires from an item in a non-default Folder?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I was sure that I had used this in the past, but I just set a reminder on a mail item in a non default folder and waited till it was due at 10:00 and it didn't alert me

You may still find this useful as you can see outstanding flags in "Search Folders > For follow up", but it looks like I was wrong about the reminder being delivered. Can someone else test this, in case I did something silly this morning.

StuartR

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If the reminder is not in a standard folder Outlook 2003 doesn't alert you even if you put a date and time. However the search forlder follow up is a good option.
    I have tried the add-ins Reminder Manager, it works fine and it does what it is supposed to do: fire up the reminder in a specific window. However I find that it requests a lot of ressources and slow down Outlook.
    Therefore I came back on the typical search forder Follow up,
    Thanks and regards,
    Marcel